There is a serious and growing problem in Australian communities. We need to talk about this.
Creating Compassionate Communities conference: On 12 October 2022, more than 180 delegates joined the conversation to learn more about factors contributing to child sexual abuse and sexual violence offending in Australia
- Why is there confusion about consent, and an erosion of the fundamentals of respect in relationships?
- Why are children and young people increasingly represented in reports of harmful sexualised behaviours?
- What do you understand about the ‘drivers’ that influence this growing problem and how do we engage the community in the solutions?
- What do you know about how to address attitudes that contribute to the problem and maintain gender inequality and sexual objectification?
- What do you understand about the impact of trauma on a child or adult’s capacity to self-regulate and how this may impact too for you in your work?
When we are better informed, we are more effective in our work. Each person can make a difference by influencing one mind and one heart at a time.