Our aim is to provide trauma focused, professional counselling and support services, provide information, life and parenting skills and support the strengths of our clients. Phoenix aims to assist in the breaking of generational cycles of abuse by assisting clients to build safe relationships and safe families. This may entail providing services to non-offending significant others’ in relationship with the survivor.
Phoenix also aims to educate the community about the long-term harm of intrafamilial and extrafamilial child sexual abuse and supports child-positive attitudes in agreement with international human rights declarations. Phoenix provides a non-sexist, non-sectarian, non-political service that is respectful of client’s core beliefs.
Our objectives are:
- To provide individual and group counselling for survivors of incest, child sexual assault and their families;
- To provide support for those who feel they are at risk of aiding and/or committing intra-familial sexual abuse;
- To give positive support and practical help to anyone who has experienced or is now experiencing intra or extra familial sexual abuse, or who has personal contact with someone who is suffering from the effects of such abuse
- To give priority, and emphasise the reinforcement of positive attitudes towards children and their families;
- To provide a resource library and inform the community as to the nature and effects of intra or extra familial sexual abuse on the survivor, the offender and the family.